Human Resource (Part-Time)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Recruit applicants, write and post job advertisements, maintain website, write job descriptions, conduct interviews and background checks, conduct new employee orientation and on-going training, maintain employee records and HR database, handle employee relations, disciplinary action, and exit-interviews. Ensure compliance with labor and employment laws and personnel policies.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Depends on Experience and/or Education. This is a 30 hour per week position. Plus the following benefits for those who qualify: Health and Dental Insurance; 401(k), and paid vacation.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Professional office environment routinely using standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Involves occasional driving to various Madison locations and out-of-town training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee is regularly required to write, type, speak and hear in English. This job also requires visual acuity as well as the ability to lift files, open file cabinets, and bend or stand, and drive as necessary.
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment laws
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with many interruptions
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to interpret, explain and apply policy and procedures
- Ability to conduct effective employee orientation/training
- Ability to foster positive employee relations
- Ability to resolve conflicts and provide employee coaching
- Ability to successfully operate Microsoft Office and internal agency computer programs
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have a safe driving record
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business management preferred
- Three to five years human resource experience, or combination of education and experience
POSITION CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Call or email Donna Uthe, Executive Director, at (605)256-6628 or email@example.com.
This company does not discriminate in its hiring or other employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.