Direct Support Professional (Full-Time)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide services and supports for adults with developmental disabilities in their home setting. Responsibilities include implementing programs as determined by the person’s planning team, attending to health and medical needs, following general and specific behavior management practices, meal preparation, completing preventive maintenance/cleaning duties/laundry and maintaining accurate records of services provided.
REPORTS TO: Direct Support Supervisor
SALARY: Starting salary is $19.33- $20.33 average hourly wage.
Paid training during weekdays will be paid at a rate of $18.00 – $19.00/hr. commensurate with experience and education.
Plus the following benefits for those who qualify: Paid Vacation, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan.
WORK SCHEDULE: The hours vary during the weekdays and all rotations include every other weekend.
- Work experience in the field of developmental disabilities preferred.
- Education in human services, education or closely related field preferred.
- HS diploma/GED required. Must be 18 years of age.
- Able to exercise sound judgment in an emergency situation.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to function as part of a team.
- Able to lift at least 50 or 60 lbs. depending on area of work.
- Successful completion of online coursework provided.
- Able to achieve certification in CPR and First Aid, and Medication Administration, and Safety Care.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.