Team Leader (Full-Time)
When you join the Valiant Living team, you work for a company that cares. Our Team Leaders get to contribute to our mission while leading a direct support professional team at one of our homes. We all work to empower people to live the full life everyone so richly deserves through employment training, independent and supported living, and other services.
Wage listed PLUS a time and a half for weekend hours = $33 hour!
Our Team Leader’s responsibilities include the implementation of their programs as determined by the person’s planning team, attending to health and medical needs, following general and specific behavior management practices, meal preparation, completing preventative maintenance/cleaning duties/laundry/recording digital documentation that records the services provided/personal hygiene cares as needed, and activities to enrich a person’s life according to their own personal needs and wants.
Reports to the Assistant Residential Director and the Residential Services Director.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $22.00 – $23.25 per hour depending on education/experience. Weekend hours are paid at a rate of a time and a half = $33/hour!
Hourly wage depends on experience and/or education. Full time positions may qualify for Paid Vacation/Sick Leave, Health, Dental, and Vision Insurances, plus a 401k Retirement Plan.
SAMPLE OF HOURS: 12:30pm – 10:30pm weekdays; 12:30pm – 10:30pm every other weekend, on call during the week for your work site house, on call rotation every 8th weekend for all locations
- High School Diploma/GED required. Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to lift at least 50-60 lbs.
- Present self and organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Supports and contributes to an overall environment of trust, sharing and growth through leadership and direction of the DSP’s.
- Complete all paperwork thoroughly, correctly and on a timely basis.
- Creates an environment in which best practices are promoted.
- Perform all job duties with Valiant Living mission, vision and values in mind.
- Able to exercise sound judgment in an emergency situation.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to successfully complete mandatory training, in services and Medication Administration class.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- 2 years of previous supervisory experience in a related field of work.