Direct Support Professional (Part-Time)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide services and supports for adults with developmental disabilities in their home setting. Responsibilities include implementing programs as determined by the person’s planning team, attending to health and medical needs, following general and specific behavior management practices, meal preparation, completing preventive maintenance/cleaning duties/laundry, and maintaining accurate records of services provided. This position includes every other weekend as part of the rotation.
REPORTS TO: Direct Support Supervisor
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $18.00 – $23.00 average hourly wage, commensurate with education/experience.
Plus the following benefits for those who qualify: 401(k) Retirement Plan; Paid Vacation
WORK SCHEDULE: Two week rotations, includes shifts every other weekend
- Work experience in the field of developmental disabilities preferred.
- Education in human services, education or closely related field preferred. HS diploma/GED required. Must be 18 years of age.
- Able to exercise sound judgment in an emergency situation.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to function as part of a team.
- Able to lift at least 50 or 60 lbs. depending on area of work.
- Successful completion of online coursework provided.
- Able to achieve certification in CPR and First Aid, and Medication Administration, and Safety Care.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.