Direct Support Professional (Part-Time)
Working at Valiant Living not only fills your heart, it supports your desire to work with people who care. You will enjoy contributing to an awesome group of people in their home, and be fulfilled in a career that lets you know you are important every day you work.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide services and supports for adults with developmental disabilities in their home setting. Responsibilities include implementing programs as determined by the person’s planning team, attending to health and medical needs, following general and specific behavior management practices, meal preparation, completing preventive maintenance/cleaning duties/laundry, and maintaining accurate records of services provided. This position includes every other weekend as part of the rotation.
REPORTS TO: Team Leader
STARTING WAGE RANGE: $20 per hour, depending on education and experience. Weekend hours are paid at a rate of a time and a half = $30 per hour!
Hourly wage depends on experience and/or education. Full time positions may qualify for Paid Vacation/Sick Leave, Health, Dental, and Vision Insurances, plus a 401k Retirement Plan.
WORK SCHEDULE: Two week rotations, includes shifts every other weekend
- Work experience in the field of developmental disabilities preferred.
- Education in human services, education or closely related field preferred. HS diploma/GED required. Must be 18 years of age.
- Able to exercise sound judgment in an emergency situation.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to function as part of a team.
- Able to lift at least 50 or 60 lbs. depending on area of work.
- Successful completion of online coursework provided.
- Able to achieve certification in CPR and First Aid, and Medication Administration, and Safety Care.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.