Direct Support Professional – Day Services (Full-Time and Part-Time)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide services and supports at Valiant Living Day Services for adults with developmental disabilities during the weekday. Responsibilities include offering a variety of opportunities for people to participate in and explore a variety of meaningful activities throughout their day. Morning preparation and transport to Day Services where you will work the remainder of your shift. Weekend shifts are in a home setting in a residential facility.
Some areas of focus are:
* Accessing the community
* Recreational and leisure activities
* Developing and maintaining healthy relationships
* Sustaining and acquiring new skills
* Self advocacy
REPORTS TO: Day Services Coordinator
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $16.00 – $16.75 per hour, depending on education/experience. PLUS a $4.00 differential per hour for weekend hours. All positions include every other weekend as part of the 2-week rotation.
Benefits include paid holidays, annual leave, sick leave, major medical insurance, life insurance and a 401(K) retirement plan. Elective dental, vision and disability insurance are available at group rates. *** 30/hour per week part-time position may qualify for some benefits.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time schedule 7:30AM – 3:30PM (4 days a week) then the every other weekend Saturday/Sunday shift from 7:30AM – 3:30PM. Part-time schedule 7:30 am – 1:00 pm (4 days a week) then the every other weekend Saturday/Sunday shift from 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
- HS diploma/GED required.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Able to exercise sound judgment in an emergency situation.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lift at least 50 or 60 lbs. depending on area of work.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and must be insurable by the agency insurance carrier.
- Ability to successfully complete mandatory trainings, in-services and Medication Administration class.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.