Direct Support Professional – Weekends Only (Part-Time)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The weekend DSP will provide services and supports for adults with developmental disabilities in their home setting. Responsibilities include implementing programs as determined by the person’s planning team, attending to health and medical needs, following general and specific behavior management practices, meal preparation, completing preventive maintenance/cleaning duties/laundry and maintaining accurate records of services provided.
REPORTS TO: Direct Support Supervisor
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $22.00-$23.00 average hourly wage, commensurate with education/experience.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position is part-time. The hours for this position will vary, with an average of 8 – 12 hours a weekend. Hours of work will be weekends only.
- Minimum of 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Supervisor/Management experience preferred.
- Ability to complete all ARSD training requirements within required time frames.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and organizational skills.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens adequately and responsively. Responds to communication in timely manner and reviews daily.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language adequately to respond to individual’s needs
- Ability to see and hear in order to make assessments.
- Valid driver’s license and must be insurable by the agency insurance carrier.
- Ability to respond to emergencies in accordance with procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to use the computer for required documentation, communication, scheduling and other assessments.
- Able to achieve certification in CPR and First Aid, Medication Administration and Safety Care.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.