Direct Support Professional – Relief Job Coach
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Direct Support Professional Relief Job Coach provides overall direction, training and guidance to people supported at Valiant Living, so they can successfully perform their work duties. Primary position will be to provide job coaching to individuals employed at the Recycling Center and Falcon Plastics; however, may include individual job coaching at a specific employer.
REPORTS TO: Service and Supports Director
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $13.00-$13.75 per hour, depending on education/experience.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position is a relief position. The hours for this position will vary. Hours of work will typically fall between 9am – 4pm, Monday – Friday.
- Minimum of 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Supervisor/Management experience preferred.
- Ability to complete all ARSD training requirements within required time frames.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and organizational skills.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens adequately to respond to individual’s needs.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language adequately to respond to individual’s needs.
- Ability to see and hear in order to make assessments.
- Valid driver’s license and must be insurable by the agency insurance carrier.
- Ability to respond to emergencies in accordance with procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to use the computer for required documentation, communication, scheduling and other assessments.
- Able to achieve certification in CPR and First Aid, Medication Administration and Safety Care.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.