Assistant Residential Director (Full-Time) $57k – $60k Salary
The Assistant Residential Director (ARD) is responsible for supervising and training residential staff, providing direction for residential sites and staff, and checking competency of supervisors and direct support professionals, overseeing scheduling for residential areas. The schedule is flex-time as the ARD oversees three residential sites with on-call duties as part of an on-call rotation schedule, observing and monitoring activities in residential homes, overseeing and ensuring oversight of home maintenance, having regular contact with people supported, and encouraging positive communication with other agency staff. The ARD assists with medication administration as needed, implements and teaches staff to follow programs as determined by the person’s planning team, attends to health and medical needs, follows general and specific behavior management practices, and oversees and maintaining accurate records of services provided. This position supervises Team Leaders, Direct Support Professionals, and Direct Support Assistants.
REPORTS TO: Residential Services Director
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $57k – $60K/annual salary, commensurate with education/experience. Plus the following benefits for those who qualify: Paid Vacation, Health, Dental and Vision Insurances, 401(k) Retirement Plan.
WORK SCHEDULE: Must be flexible with hours, may include evenings and every other weekend for supervisory monitoring or covering vacant shifts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services related field preferred.
- Demonstrates proficiency in DSP and Supervisor competencies.
- Two or more years Supervisory/Management experience in long-term and/or residential settings preferred.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, which may include working weekends and holidays.
- Ability to be responsible for 24 hour on-call coverage, and respond to issues as necessary.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and organizational skills.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens accurately and responsively. Responds to communication in a timely manner and reviews emails daily.
- Able to function as part of a team.
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs. depending on area of work.
- Successful completion of online coursework provided.
- Able to achieve certification in CPR and First Aid, Medication Administration and Safety Care.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Pass a pre-employment background check and post-offer drug screening.