Direct Support Professional – Day Services (Part-Time)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide services and supports at Valiant Living Day Services for adults with developmental disabilities during the weekday. Responsibilities include offering a variety of opportunities for people to participate in and explore a variety of meaningful activities throughout their day.
Some areas of focus are:
* Accessing the community
* Recreational and leisure activities
* Developing and maintaining healthy relationships
* Sustaining and acquiring new skills
* Self advocacy
REPORTS TO: Day Services Coordinator
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $14.00 – $14.75 per hour, depending on education/experience
Plus the following benefits for those who qualify: Paid Vacation and 401(K) Retirement Plan.
WORK SCHEDULE: 7:30AM – 9:30AM (Monday through Friday) This position starts at a residential house in the morning and comes to Day Services around 9:00AM.
- HS diploma/GED required.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Able to exercise sound judgment in an emergency situation.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lift at least 50 or 60 lbs. depending on area of work.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and must be insurable by the agency insurance carrier.
- Ability to successfully complete mandatory trainings, in-services and Medication Administration class.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.