Special Education Teacher/Post-Secondary Transition Coordinator (Full-Time)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Special Education Teacher/Post-Secondary Transition Coordinator is responsible for the overall operation of Special Education/Post-Secondary Transition Services. To include, but not limited to, implementing daily lesson plans that include the students’ education goals in community integration, activities of daily living, socialization, budgeting, employment, health management, etc.; assures proper implementation of Valiant Living policies and procedures.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director
STARTING SALARY: $18.00 per hour (Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM)
Plus excellent benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, Vacation/Sick Pay/Disability, 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Maintain and provide documentation of current K-12 Special Education Certification and/or any additional education endorsements (i.e. highly qualified to teach Math and English at the high school level).
- Ability to see and hear adequately in order to make assessments and respond to individual’s needs.
- Able to read, write and speak the English language in order to adequately interact and respond to the individuals and meet their service needs.
- Ability to coordinate activities and services.
- Ability to respond to emergencies according to established Valiant Living policies and procedures.
- Prompt and punctual attendance.
- Ability to use a computer for required documentation and communication purposes.
- Valid driver license and safe driving record required.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.