Transition Direct Support Professional (Full-Time)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Transition DSP assures the coordination and implementation of the educational goals and objectives/benchmarks of students’ Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) while enrolled in the Transition Classroom. To include, but not limited to, implementing daily lesson plans that include the students’ education goals in community integration, activities of daily living, socialization, budgeting, employment, health management, etc.; assures proper implementation of Valiant Living policies and procedures.
REPORTS TO: Day Services Coordinator
STARTING SALARY: $13.75 – $15.25 per hour, depending on education/experience.
Plus the following benefits for those who qualify: Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, 401(k), Vacation/Sick Pay/Disability
WORK SCHEDULE: Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00AM – 4:00PM (Will follow Inclement Weather Plan for Day Services and will be expected to go into residential to perform various duties as instructed.)
- HS diploma/GED required.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Understanding and knowledge of the IEP process is preferred.
- Able to exercise sound judgement in an emergency situation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coordinate activities and services.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lift at least 50 to 60 lbs. depending on area of work.
- Hold a valid driver license and must be insurable by the agency insurance carrier.
- Ability to successfully complete mandatory trainings, in-services and Medication Administration class.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.