Direct Support Supervisor (Full-Time)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide direct support activities and supervision of the service recipients to help them achieve their personal goals. Act as a team leader and resource person for Direct Support Professionals (DSP). Schedule staff in advance for designated shifts. Manage activity schedules. Observe and train staff in performance and Restrictive Procedures. Guide and monitor the work of DSPs and mentor them in their professional development. Act as a mediator between staff if conflicts should arise. Provide initial training for new employees and ongoing training for staff under your direct supervision.
REPORTS TO: Residential Team Manager
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.25 – $16.50 per hour depending on education/experience. Plus excellent benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance; 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation/Sick Pay/Disability
- High School Diploma/GED required. Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to lift at least 50-60 lbs.
- Present self and organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Supports and contributes to an overall environment of trust, sharing and growth through leadership and direction of the DSPs.
- Complete all paperwork thoroughly, correctly and on a timely basis.
- Creates an environment in which best practices are promoted.
- Perform all job duties with Valiant Living mission, vision and values in mind.
- Be on time for each shift.
- Able to exercise sound judgment in an emergency situation.
- Successful completion of online coursework provided.
- Able to achieve certification in CPR and First Aid, and Medication Administration, and Safety Care.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.