Direct Support Professional – Overnight Awake (Full-Time)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for assisting with daily living activities during the overnight hours within a home for adults with developmental disabilities. Responsibilities include implementing programs as determined by the person’s planning team, attending to health and medical needs, following general and specific behavior management practices, some meal preparation for the day, completing preventive maintenance/cleaning duties/laundry, and maintaining accurate records of services provided.
REPORTS TO: Director Support Supervisor
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $14.75 – $15.50 per hour for work between the hours of 10:30pm-6:30am (depending on education/experience); $13.25 – $14.00 per hour (depending on education and experience) for hours worked between 6:30am-10:30pm. Plus excellent benefits: Health, Dental, Vision/Life Insurance; 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation/Sick Pay/Disability
- Work experience in the field of developmental disabilities preferred but not required.
- Education in human services, education or closely related field preferred. HS diploma/GED required. Must be 18 years of age.
- Able to exercise sound judgment in an emergency situation.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to function as part of a team.
- Able to lift at least 50 or 60 lbs. depending on area of work.
- Successful completion of online coursework.
- Able to achieve certification in CPR and First Aid, Medication Administration, and Safety-Care.
- Valid Driver’s license and safe driving record.