Direct Support Professional – Day Services (Part-Time)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide services and supports at Valiant Living Day Services for adults with developmental disabilities during the weekday. Responsibilities include offering a variety of opportunities for people to participate in and explore a variety of meaningful activities throughout their day.
Some areas of focus are:
* Accessing the community
* Recreational and leisure activities
* Developing and maintaining healthy relationships
* Sustaining and acquiring new skills
* Self advocacy
REPORTS TO: Day Services Director
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $12.25-$13.00 per hour, depending on education/experience
Plus the following benefits for those who qualify: Health/Vision/Dental Insurance; 401(k) Retirement Plan; Paid Vacation
WORK SCHEDULE: 12:00PM – 3:30PM (Monday through Friday) Entire shift is spent at Day Services with most of the time spent in Classroom 5.
- HS diploma/GED required.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Able to exercise sound judgment in an emergency situation.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lift at least 50 or 60 lbs. depending on area of work.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to successfully complete mandatory trainings, in services and Medication Administration class.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.