Direct Support Professional – Day Services (Full-Time)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide services and supports at Valiant Living Day Services for adults with developmental disabilities during the weekday. Responsibilities include offering a variety of opportunities for people to participate in and explore a variety of meaningful activities throughout their day.
Some areas of focus are:
* Accessing the community
* Recreational and leisure activities
* Developing and maintaining healthy relationships
* Sustaining and acquiring new skills
* Self advocacy
REPORTS TO: Day Services Coordinator
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $12.25-$13.00 per hour, depending on education/experience
Benefits include paid holidays, annual leave, sick leave, major medical insurance, life insurance and a 401(K) retirement plan. Elective dental, vision and disability insurance are available at group rates.
WORK SCHEDULE: 8:00AM – 4:00PM (Monday – Friday) This position starts at Union with the majority of the shift spent at Day Services. This position will help transport to and from Union.
- HS diploma/GED required.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Able to exercise sound judgment in an emergency situation.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lift at least 50 or 60 lbs. depending on area of work.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and must be insurable by the agency insurance carrier.
- Ability to successfully complete mandatory trainings, in-services and Medication Administration class.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.